HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each blogger’s page and let them know you have nominated them.
Thanks Hillary! I’m sure you remember in the beginning when you gave me the push I needed to start my blog. It has been a great experience meeting other bloggers and readers. I love getting comments.
- My only sibling is over 14 years older than me
- My dad vetted Phoenix before we even met him because he was so tired of my disappointment after two horses not passing pre-purchase exams.
- My mom is a retired teacher
- I wanted to be a vet until Phoenix got a cut above his eye and the blood dripped on me while the vet was stitching it.
- I am a CPA
- I barely talked to my parents while I was in college because they sold Phoenix
- I met my husband in 2001 when I was dating his friend. We didn’t start dating until 2006.
- All of the dogs I’ve owned in my life have been terriers
- My husband and I have the same middle initial
- I have a tattoo of a flying pegasus on my hip
- I ride almost every single day
- Favorite gait? Canter
- Favorite breed of horse? Appendix
- Favorite famous racehorse? Man O’ War
- Favorite tack shop? Sporthorse Saddlery in MI
- Favorite tack brand? Red Barn
- If you could be anyone for a day who would you want to be? Someone who has the money to hang out with horses all day, lol.
- Discipline you would like to try? Reining
- Thing that you are most afraid of?
- Favorite TV show? House which is done now. Currently I would say NCIS
- Biggest barn pet peeve? People who really don’t care about the welfare of the horses
- If given a an unlimited budget and 1 month to travel where would you go? I couldn’t leave the boys that long! I would love to spend more time in Alaska though, it’s so beautiful.
- Favorite horse related memory?
- If you could have a horse related job, what would it be?
- Favorite piece of tack?
- Online tack shop most frequented?
- Favorite saddle brand?
- If money were not an issue, how many horses would you like to own?
- Discipline you would like to try?
- Favorite horse movie?
- Favorite TV show?
- Optimum horse height?
- If you could live in any big horse city, which would it be?
11 Blogs with under 200 Followers:
I can’t come up with 11 that haven’t already been listed, so here are some that I could come up with.
- Dreadful Acres – Dark Funny Posts, although she hasn’t posted lately. Come back!
- Adventures of Lucy – Her horse has been on a hiatus, but she is a mare with an opinion and they go on lots of trail adventures normally.
- Project Runaway – I’ve followed Andrea since her blog about her now deceased horse Gogo. She has some great insight into hoof care and interesting stories about her three horses. I’m not sure how she does so much!
- She Moved to Texas – I haven’t been reading long but I’ve enjoyed her content.
Some other blogs I read that already have over 200 followers that I enjoy just to add on.
- 7MSN Ranch – Her animals are all adorable and she writes some really funny stories.
- Horse and Man – I’ve learned some really neat things from reading this blog. I’ve definitely made use of the duct tape booty post. I also love her prison trained mustang stories.
- Mugwump Chronicles – Some great stories, especially the ones about her adventures with “K”
- Morning Bray Farm – Who doesn’t love stories about donkeys?
I can’t believe I get to horse show on Saturday! Schooled Stampy today and he was actually a little up which makes me feel better because he’s normally dead quiet then crazy at the show. Hoping for a good show day!
As long as the ring isn’t too hard (it was too hard today) I will take P in for my equitation on the flat. I think it would be a lot of fun and I’m sure P will get really excited about it and try to run away with me! Good thing his running away doesn’t look out of control, lol.