I’m late to the party as usual but here are my answers to the August 10 questions!
1. Is your horse spooky or bombproof? P is 99% bombproof. If he ever does spook, it’s usually a hairy eye-ball while standing in place spook.
Stampede is strange. He dislikes unnatural things in natural places. Things like a stray rotting hay bale by the woods really freak him out. He also gets spooky about the sound of the bikes racing in the woods behind the barn since he doesn’t like anything that sounds like a motorcycle. He also gets nervous about ponies cut in half by fences when he can’t see their heads. He used to have a huge fear of deer but that has settled down the last few years. I also think he’s more spooky when his back hurts.
2. Does your horse have a long or short stride? P has a short stride, Stampede has a very long stride unless his back hurts.
3. Describe your current barn in 3 words? Scenic, friendly, furry
4. If you could switch barns, would you? If I found a barn that filled more of my wants/needs list, yes.
5. Favorite brand of breeches? Tailored Sportsman
6. How many blue ribbons do you have? (Red if you live in Canada or Britain). I’m proud of anyone who could remember this! Stampede has less than 10, but P racked up quite a few in his day.
7. How many saddle pads do you own? 1 show pad I can’t use because no one will sell me a 60″ girth of the type I want, 2 Ogilvy saddle pads, and various other tuffrider and EOUS pads.
8. Is your horse your phone background/lock screen? No, it’s a picture I took on vacation
9. Do you go trail riding often? (weather permitting) Most of the summer it’s too buggy to go in the barn’s small amount of trails, so it’s mostly a spring and fall activity. I like to take both boys when I can. Otherwise I ride out in the back field by the woods a lot.
10. Favorite horsey movie? Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken. Surprised no one else came up with this one that I saw.
Yesterday I had a fairly lazy ride on P – me being lazy not him. I was lacking in energy and already feeling cranky that I would have to work today. No riding today since Stampede is still three-legged with no real symptoms of what’s wrong although I would guess a bad bruise or abscess brewing. Going to leave a note for the farrier to check him tomorrow but if it’s like last time he won’t find anything.