Although the weather here has been the opposite of cooperative we’ve still been making progress on getting the place ready for the boys to come home when we can. At this point the fence is the item holding us back and that should hopefully be done in a week or so. Here’s a summary of what’s been going on at the farm.
The crew got to work doing the fencing around the barn first since we had a massive pile of brush in the other pasture to burn. This section just needs the husband and I to add a flex fence top rail to complete it.
I officially purchased my first load of hay for the ponies.
A muck tub and cart arrived and there was some unplanned matching with the pitchfork my bff got me for Christmas. 🙂
We attempted to burn the biggest brush pile ever. Only got through about a 1/3 of it in a night. It was seriously our smallest fire because it didn’t want to spread and yet someone called the fire department. It was interesting.
We built a grooming bay. The back wall is the same as the stalls but then we used some of the old barn interior wood to make the side. Loving the character it adds.
Lastly we wanted more storage space in the other barn so we ripped out a big stall in there. Check out the bark on those old beams!
I love the signs on the stall doors. I kid you not this was a foaling stall with an electrical panel in there. Not to worry it had the good housekeeping seal of approval and was approved by the american hospital association! Now it’s more storage for our equipment and for overflow hay. Eventually maybe I’ll use my massive hay loft above it though.
Husband and I also started doing some metal siding patching but it’s not complete so not sharing that yet. It’s supposed to rain for the next few days so probably fencing work will stall out again. Planning to buy some grain and bedding this weekend and put up the flex fence top rail on the new fence by the barn. Then I guess I’m pretty much ready for ponies once the rest of the fence is up.
Let’s do this!