Wow, I didn’t think I had accomplished much but looking at this goals list I am pretty proud!
Here’s a link to my last goal update.
Comments in italics next to each item are updates!
- Maintain my current weight – Got it under control, over a year at this weight!
- Run in a 5k race – I run that far regularly but I’ve never done an official race and it sounds fun. Completed the Turkey Trot 5k on Thanksgiving. Leaving this up since I’m adding on a goal to complete 1-2 more 5k’s in 2017. Really eying some moonlight 5k’s at my local metroparks.
- Get the ball rolling on turning our property into a retirement home for Phoenix and Stampede (feel free to add thoughts if you think of other things I should consider!). This whole change is a bit overwhelming but it is the right move and I can’t wait to have my two boys right outside my door every day. Wow, boys are home and happy. Some things to finish up yet (I’m looking at your additional fencing and lighting) but I’m happy with the setup.
- Clean out the pole barn – so much random stuff to throw away and old stalls will need ripped out (they are 10′ x 10′ or 8′ x 10′)
- Plan out stalls and lighting, get quotes for stalls and electrical work
- Figure out getting water to the barn (the previous owners ran a hose in the summer and carried buckets in winter!)
- Map out how I want to do the fencing in the portion of the property that hasn’t been redone yet and get quotes for that work
- Research how to make metal siding on the barn safe for ponies to be outside near – maybe add wood to a certain height?
- Plan for things like manure disposal, hay suppliers, etc
- Try to keep Stampede sound (we made it so long but currently having an issue, waiting on vet input on x-rays) and continue dressage lessons over the winter. We all know this was a fail and Stamp is happily retired. So glad I surrendered and brought him home!
- Enjoy Mr. P and his fabulous self – Easily done! Rode him regularly until he moved home and have hopped on him twice at home thus far. He deserves his retirement too but is always happy to cart me around for some fun.
- Start considering more specifically what I’m looking for in my next horse – The hunt is on! I will have to do a post about what I’ve decided I’m looking for in my next horse.
- Get a truck! Big Red is seriously the best. I can’t imagine not having a truck at this point. Comfortable, fun to drive, makes moving big things around easier. What’s not to love?
Well I think it’s time for some new goals on here! Until then, a few more of the happenings at Morstone Acres!